ColdFusion 9 hosting is one of the best web hosting platforms for developing and deploying compelling and powerful web applications that fit in today’s complex enterprise environments. Extremely popular with webmasters and web developers, Adobe ColdFusion 9 is the fastest ColdFusion version so far, allowing users to achieve a higher rate of performance and dependability without any changes to the underlying application code.
ColdFusion 9 web hosting is an ideal choice for businesses and e-commerce websites that require complicated Internet applications and increased scalability. If you are new to ColdFusion hosting, Hostek.com’s recently published article Choose ColdFusion Web Hosting and Enjoy Rapid Application Development will introduce you to what ColdFusion web hosting is, how ColdFusion hosting works, and the features with ColdFusion web hosting.
Maximizing the new features in ColdFusion 9 for an enhanced hosting experience
The latest ColdFusion release, ColdFusion 9, offers an impressive array of new and enhanced features intended to increase the efficiency and productivity for IT professionals, webmasters, and developers alike. If you haven’t taken a look at what ColdFusion 9 offers, here are the top 5 reasons you should consider ColdFusion 9 hosting for your business website or e-commerce applications.
- Tight integration with ColdFusion Builder. One of the most talked about new features in ColdFusion 9 is a dedicated ColdFusion IDE – ColdFusion Builder. Built on top of the open source project Eclipse, the same platform that powers Adobe Flash Builder, ColdFusion Builder is deeply integrated with ColdFusion 9 and enables web developers to manage their entire development life cycle with a single tool. This makes the process of building powerful web applications faster and easier. ColdFusion Builder can be run as a standalone installation or as a plug-in to Eclipse or Flash Builder.
- Object Relational Mapping (ORM). ORM is a powerful Rapid Application Development (RAD) solution for building data-driven applications. It allows developers to map data to and from a relational database by using object models. This helps web developers save a significant amount of time by making complex database calls without writing any SQL queries.
- Integration with Adobe AIR. ColdFusion 9 has an ORM for AIR. There is a CF-AIR persistent framework for SQLite on the server side. The application synchronizes the data from a ColdFusion data source to a local SQLite database. It is as simple as setting the persistent attribute to true on an ORM component. On the AIR side, it can take more effort depending on the features you need. In some cases you may need conflict management, but even a complicated task can be done with just a few lines of code.
- Office, Exchange, and Sharepoint Integration. ColdFusion 9 hosting allows for integration with Office products like Excel, Word and PowerPoint. By using cfdocument, cfpresentation, or cfspreadsheet tags you can easily create, convert, and read Office files.
- Powerful Search Capabilities. ColdFusion 9 comes with Apache SOLR included. SOLR is an open-source enterprise search server based on the Lucene Java search library. SOLR takes Lucene and packages it up as an HTTP server. It runs as a web application inside a servlet container, providing the functionality of Lucene and other search capabilities such as faceting. SOLR also provides easy configuration through XML.
There are many more new and enhanced features available for you to take advantage of with ColdFusion 9 web hosting. By choosing a ColdFusion hosting service you can save time, effort, and resources on your next highly productive and scalable development project.
Choose ColdFusion 9 hosting with Hostek.com
Hostek.com has been providing ColdFusion hosting services since 2002. As an Adobe Solution Provider Partner, Hostek.com is committed to delivering the best ColdFusion hosting solutions to help your business grow to its full potential. Hostek.com’s low cost ColdFusion 9 hosting packages are specifically designed to fulfill your business’ needs and to help you develop a strong web presence.
Get started with our ColdFusion 9 hosting options by ordering one of our ColdFusion hosting plans today.Tags: ColdFusion Hosting, ColdFusion VPS hosting