On the day before Christmas we should be celebrating. Enjoying the company of our family and friends. There’s always just a few minutes do some minor cleanup before the new year. Can you believe it’s 2016 already? If the only cleanup around is your websites, consider these few tools that can help get your Google Page Insights score WAY up.
2016 The Year For Maximizing
There’s a little known internal Facebook campaign to spur consideration for slower internet speeds. They call it 2G Tuesdays. Every Tuesday the team at Facebook uses slower internet speeds. Their reasoning is to get developers to think smarter. Problem solve by minimizing the size of their code and finding more streamlined ways of achieving beautiful design.
This approach can have a sizable impact for your websites too. In two ways.
- The user will get a faster experience.
- Google awards websites that run faster by placing them higher in search results.
There’s a few ways to get started, with little effort and big initial impact on both of these critical areas. Here’s how..
Clean & Minified Code
- Clean your html. This tool makes html & css, readable and concise – Dirty Markup
- Have some custom bootstrap or homegrown css and need to minify? Here you go – . Minifier
Browser Caching & Compression
We strongly encourage browser caching and compression too. That all depends on the OS you’re hosting on.
For Apache on cPanel Shared, or cPanel VPS Hosting
- Apache Compression using Expires
- Apache Enabling Browser Caching
For Windows IIS on Windows Shared or Windows VPS Hosting
- Windows IIS Compression
- Windows IIS Enabling Browser Caching
Blazing Fast Websites With Images
And to make your images load blazing fast, consider this dandy post: Immaculate Imagery with Lazy Pictures & BPG
The Most Important Thing!!!
Don’t spend too much time on cleanup, make sure to indulge in time with those who matter most. — Merry Christmas & Happy New Year from HostekTags: VPS Hosting, Windows VPS Hosting